I love most dishes I can cook in my wonderful slow cooker. One of my new favorite dishes is pork carnitas. This is a quick flavorful dish that works with tacos, nachos, or any other Mexican inspired dish.
- 3lbs pork shoulder
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 Red Onion (Chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Garlic
- Chili Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Orange ( juice only)
- Half Lime (Juice only)
- Rub seasoning on the pork shoulder before placing the meat in the crock pot with the fat up.
- Pour the broth and salsa over the meat and cook the meat on high for about 3 hours
- Once the meat is cooked, remove the pork from the crock pot and place on a plate to rest for 10-15 minutes
- Shred the meat and cook it on a pan at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes or until the meat has a browned color
- Plate the meat and enjoy!