As the winter weather continues its always great to have a bowl of warm soup. And what better soup to have than lobster bisque soup. Farely simple with a fancy and delicious twist.
- 2 - 4 oz lobster tails (shell removed and chopped into bit size pieces)
- 2 Tbsp Fennel bulb
- 2 Tbsp Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Green onions
- 1 cup White cooking wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half & half
- 4 oz tomato paste
- Dried thyme
- 1 1/2 lobster base
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- Heat oil in a pan over a medium high heat. Then add and stir onions, garlic, and fennel and cook until the aroma is strong (a few minutes)
- Add 1/2 cup of white wine and stir to deglaze the pan
- Add lobster base, hot water, and chicken broth. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Add tomato paste and thyme. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Add heavy whipping cream and half and half and bring to a low boil.
- Add lobster and stir until lobster is cooked.