Everyone loves bread. And everyone loves cheese. Combine the two and you have gold. And everyone who has ever tasted a cheddar bay biscuit knows it's glory. Below is a quick, simple recipe for these delicious treats.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tps salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup butter milk
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Use a fork to cut and mix in butter
- Slowly pour in the milk ensuring the dough isn't too sticky or dry
- Gently fold in cheese
- Scoop dough into 1-2 inch balls and place them a lightly greased pan. Flatten slightly and bake for 10-12 minutes
- Combine 1/4 cup melted butter and parsley
- Use a brush to apply a coat of the butter mixture to each biscuit and enjoy!